Thursday, July 7, 2011

Synchronicity

If I related synchronicity to my work, I would refer it to moments in time where the theme that I am carving seem to be manifesting something in the natural "already existing" world.  This is all happening around me.
I work with animal spirits, carved ones and my work environment is also submerged in wild life.  For exemple, Ravens and Bald Eaglesfly around the carving shed, I have seen Bears roam the beach and the surrounding forest and the ocean rolling in and out in front of the shed shows Porpoises, Orcas, SeaLions, etc...
When I carve a Raven, I will hear the Ravens. It seems like they are trying to make themselves heard. I thought at first that it was all just me noticing them more because of carving theses animals and thinking more about them, but now after so many instances I feel like something is manifested.
Once I was carving the Thunderbird and this really loud thunder came about (it rarelly thunders here). this one time, the hair on my body stood up. From that moment on, I started to pay attention. My latest piece, a six foot totem with an Orca and a Raven has proven to manifest some of the synchronicity also.  As I inlaid the dorsal fin onthe Orca's back,I ended up having an incredibleOrca watch that day.  Just outside of the shed... it felt so magical.  I cannot explain this whole phenomenon very easily but I felt the need to share it.  Is the synchronicity the first step towards learning the spiritual teachings that the animal world have for us all in store?  I feel I am missing some of the teaching on how to understand them, is the synchronicity a doorway to my deepest and most sacred values in life? I sure think so. Do you?

No comments:

Post a Comment